Saturday 15 February 2014

Evicted...

Floods, floods, floods...  It's what's on every news bulletin and, if you live in our neck of the woods, on a load of Facebook feeds either because people are under water, being evacuated or spending their time filling sand bags, sometimes with royalty!

Well, it came to hit home this week for the Woods cast as on Tuesday on my way home from the office, I get a phone call from the Chairman explaining to me that the Village Hall, where we rehearse, had been designated as a "Evacuation Centre" for those affected by the floods and so we would not be able to use the hall on Thursday night.  We would still have one of the smaller rooms, but there was the distinct possibility that there would be a whole load of people there so I wasn't too sure about keeping the rehearsals there.

Now I could have cancelled the rehearsals but, because I had to cancel last weeks and we are only rehearsing once a week, I didn't think we should take another week off.  It had also been 3 weeks since the Hobbit had rehearsed with us and it was the first opportunity I'd had for everyone to be together, so I kept the smaller room, but it wouldn't be easy.  Although we started our rehearsals in the smaller rooms, we have definitely outgrown them now!  Luckily I have some contacts within the hotel industry and called in a favour.  Our rehearsal was off to a new space, the Marriott Hotel Heathrow (for which I thank them very much).

Jenna was working late so we started without her and had a good run through with Sophie standing in until her part and then Caroline standing in after that.  Everyone remembered their blocking (yay!) and Joshua had even gone a long way to learning his lines (very pleased with that indeed!).  We worked on some delivery of lines, but on the whole, the cast are just doing what I knew they would do when I cast them - they're being excellent.

After Jenna arrived, we started again from the beginning and managed to get two more full run-throughs in, which was brilliant.  There is some great chemistry between the cast and the emotions are really coming through.  I think they will all be in tears at the end, maybe even me.  All in all, they are making me very, very proud.

Just some behind-the-scenes things to get sorted now, then we can really get on the promotional trail.  I need to work out my story board for my trailer, we need to get posters and flyers designed and printed and then we can really get selling.

Song of the Day - Fightstar - Floods (well, what else?)


No comments:

Post a Comment