Friday 21 February 2014

Missing, believed on a bus

For some reason that had nothing to do with the weather, traffic was awful getting to Colnbrook last night.  So awful that it took Kelley and hour and a half to get from Hayes to Colnbrook (which really isn't far) and Joshua sat on a bus for nearly two hours (not because he wanted to, he doesn't have a bus thing going on or anything) and didn't make it at all.  URGH!

We were without Sophie which was pre-planned (although I totally forgot about it until Caroline called her and she reminded us) so, because of the traffic challenges and the fact I had to eat my dinner having come straight from work, we got going a little later than usual.

Luckily I had a spare man that could stand in for Joshua, well, actually I had two, so they took it in turns.  It does always make it more difficult when you have a stand in because they don't know the blocking so you spend some time moving them around to where they are supposed to be.  My stand-ins did a pretty good job but did make me laugh when one of them just started wandering around!

Three lovely run-throughs with my fabulous cast, all of them trying to drop their scripts with, on the whole, pretty good results.  It makes it so much easier to actually direct the cast when you don't have them clutching scripts, facial expressions come, movements are easier and actors actually act.  I am very pleased with how well they are all doing, a bit more study and they'll be there.

I added in the music in the beginning, middle and end bits that will have music (see, can't give too much away) so that the cast could get a feel for them and I'm pretty pleased actually.  I think the music works and sets the atmosphere as I want it.  I am particularly pleased with the end as I like the way the music starts and then builds.  Who would have thought a good drum and bass number would work here (kidding!!!).

Quick turn around this week as our next rehearsal has been swapped with the zombies so we are going again on Monday, I'm quite pleased with that really as I am in Germany the week after so will miss the rehearsal completely and will have to leave the Hobbit in charge.  Not sure he'll be as good a task-master as me, but needs must when the devil drives...

Song of the day - The Cars - Drive


No comments:

Post a Comment