Thursday 27 February 2014

Didnt we just do this?

Okay, sorry everyone. I know I have been lapse in my blogging this week but I have extenuating circumstances and they are... Er...

Anyway, we had to swap our rehearsal this week from Thursday to Monday so we had a really short time between last rehearsal and this one.  However, this didn't stop my wonderful cast from really knuckling down and learning their lines.  All of the cast went without their scripts even though my scripts down day wasn't until Thursday so considering this, I was extremely pleased with them, they just continue to make me proud.  We managed two run throughs including stop starts for dropped lines, not that many really, and notes that I wanted to make, again only a few.

In other news, the box office is now open and we have had last very nice pick up so far and when I say very nice, I mean that we have sold just under 25% of the tickets available for Saturday nights performance!  Already!  Just need to make sure that we keep up the momentum and get sales.  It's always the most worrying part of any show, ticket sales.  The majority of the audiences come as a result of knowing people in the cast, so it's a lot of pressure on the cast to get their friends, families, colleagues and strangers in the streets to come and see a show.  I do have to say that I have had pretty positive feedback from the people I have spoken to as £12 for two plays and supper is an absolute bargain, right?

Unfortunately, I am missing next weeks rehearsal as I have to go to Germany for work.  I am leaving the Hobbit in charge so I hope that the cast all give him the same commitment as they do for me.  I'm sure they will.

Sunday, we have our media day, filming for our trailers and I am very excited!  And the weather forecast says that there's only 20% chance of rain on Sunday, it would be great if it could be dry.  I have story boarded what I want to film and Director Zombie will be in charge of the filming, he was talking about needing someone to work the clapper boards between takes - it'll be just like the real movies!!!  I will be linking to the trailer on my next blog, now you can't wait either can you?

Song of the day - Alien Ant Farm - Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment