Monday 3 March 2014

On Location

Yesterday was trailer day and no, I'm not talking about an American caravan, I'm talking about our promotional trailer for The Lodge in the Woods.  How exciting is that?!?

I must say, that I was very excited in the lead up to yesterday, never having done anything like this before, for any show I'd been a part of, let alone my play what I wrote (have I mentioned that before?)!

I had pulled together a "storyboard" (or in other words, six boxes with stick drawings in) so that Director Zombie would be able to follow my train of thought, just in case it became derailed.  Handily, near where the Hobbit and I live there is great foresty/woody land, belonging to Her Maj actually, which I thought would be ideal as the location for the trailer, turns out it was absolutely spot on!

We had arranged that Jenna, Kelley and Joshua would meet the Hobbit and I at our house to have a quick briefing of the "storyboard" so that everyone knew what they would be doing and what the overall effect would be when finished (we hoped).  Director Zombie was meeting us "on location" and I had a brief spell of panic as to how we would find each other when we got there as it is quite a big place and very busy with cyclists on a dry Sunday morning.  It was like an explosion in a Lycra factory! 

Luckily on the way in, Joshua had seen a dodgy guy hanging around looking suspicious as we drove in, Director Zombie had been found!  We got straight into it and worked steadily through the different scenes that I had planned.  There were a couple of suggestions from the cast and crew as we went along which we adapted into the filming and having started at 10.30am (ish)  we were done by just after 12pm!  Well done us!

Director Zombie went off to film his trailer for Z is for Zombie with his cast and the rest of us went back to Jenna's for a cuppa, some of us staying for Sunday lunch too cooked by Mr Jenna, which was yummy!

And now the waiting game is going on, Director Zombie has just messaged me to tel me that my trailer is being rendered and then will be uploaded to youtube.  I am currently in the BA Lounge at Terminal 5 waiting to get on a plane to Berlin, I am so hoping that it will be ready for me to view before I get on the plane!!!!  I cannot wait to see it and to share it!!

Ticket sales for the Saturday night are going well, we need to get the rest of the nights started as well, although having said that, we are over 25% sold for the Saturday night with 4 weeks to go, so I shouldn't start panicking about sales just yet, although I am a little bit inside...

The Lodge in the Woods Trailer
Cast and Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment