Monday 17 March 2014

A series of unfortunate events, well two actually...

Firstly, I have to apologise for the lack of blog last week.  I was in Germany on business all week so had to entrust the rehearsal to the Hobbit.  Feedback from him and Jenna (when she, very kindly, picked me up from the airport) was very good, which made me super excited about the rehearsal this week.

We had a bit of a disastrous journey. Firstly, the Hobbits train was 15 minutes late getting into the station, so we knew we would be late as we had to pick up Joshua on the way through. We let everyone know that we would have a slightly later start and drove on to get Joshua.  We were about 10 minutes from our rendezvous point when, to our surprise, we came across a sign in the road "POLICE ROAD CLOSED".  Urgh!  Really?  Things were totally conspiring against us!

We eventually made it to the hall and the cast were waiting for us, which was great, Sophie had already informed us that she would be later coming but I hoped that she would make it to us just as her bit started.  We ran through from the top (where else?) with lights, or lack of them in some instances.  It was great, the hall is VERY dark without the lights on so I think we should be good for the darkness I'm looking for, which has nothing to do with Justin Hawkins.

Unfortunately, Sophie arrived about 3 minutes too late and we had already stopped when we got to her arrival.  She then asked us when we were going to work with the lights!  She got a chorus of "now"!

Two other excellent run throughs after this, with my lighting expert sitting in to understand what effects I'm looking for and so he could get a feel for the run of the show.  I didn't ask what he thought of it actually, I shall ask him next time I see him.  My wonderful cast are pretty much there, just a few  bits to tighten up and we should be good to go.  I know that they are going to make me so very proud of them.

In other news, our sister show won "Best Comedy" at the Maidenhead Drama Festival on Saturday, so a great big congratulations to them!  No pressure then on my show to deliver along side an award winning show...

Now the only thing to worry about is ticket sales.  With just two weeks left, we need a hell of a pick up to hit our target audience.  Hopefully the 10 miles that I walked on Saturday and the same of Director Zombie and Victoria delivering over 1250 flyers will help.

Song of the day - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Come up and see me (make me smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment