Tuesday 14 January 2014

All is revealed

I gathered together my cast last night at my house for a full read through of the scrip.  Unfortunately, Caroline couldn't make it, but I did have everyone else, which was great and much appreciated.

Prior to Kelley and Andy's arrival, the rest of the cast were speculating wildly about what was going to happen in the end of the play, with some good suggestions, ones I may use for my next play, if I ever get that far...

It was great to have the read through with the cast, it really brings the scrip to life and I can see that I absolutely made the right casting decision and have another couple of ideas that will work in the play too.  I foresee some tweaks coming up, but that's the joy of also being the writer isn't it?  The fact that I can make small changes to the scrip whenever I like because it's MY scrip.

I read in for Caroline and it was great to see and hear the reaction of the cast as the play went on and they understood what was happening, I got the shivers as we read through and I'm happy to say that the cast did too (and it was very warm in my house!).  I think that means success! 

Add to that my first ever attempt at a chocolate cake was "delicious" and "so very moist" and I am one very happy bunny.

The cast will be without me on Thursday (so there may be a gap in blogs) as they record the scrip but I'm sure they'll be fine, they have Sam Woods-Zombie in charge (sorry guys)!

Song of the day - Katy Perry - Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment