Tuesday 7 January 2014

It's Out There

Oh bum!  I completely forgot I said that not only would I write a play and direct it, I also said I would blog about it too.  I have been kindly reminded by my co-director putting me to shame and having his blog already posted, although I have been at work all day, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

So last night it all began.  I was pretty nervous actually.  Would anyone come?  Would they like it?  Would they want to be in it?  Scary stuff and we hadn't even started reading the play...  Well, people started arriving early and they just kept coming, we had to add chairs and then we had to add tables to accommodate the people that turned up!  What a showing!  CAST certainly made me a very happy bunny!

My play was read first but I cut the ending off about 7 pages from the end, well, I didn't want to spoil the surprise of a badger with a gun did I?  Oops, that's blown it now hasn't it?  It seemed to go down well with the readers and if all the people that came along last night decide to audition, my co-director and I will have a tough job on our hands...

Lots of admin type things to get done now before Thursday - eek!  Work certainly does get in the way!

Song of the day - anything by Crowded House

1 comment: